Ohio foster care youth and alumni believe that safety is the North Star when it comes to young people in and from foster care.
1. We have been successful in our advocacy for Ohio police to become mandated reporters.
2. We have been successful in our advocacy for the establishment of a Youth Ombudsman Office, and remain involved to support the continued development of this resources.
3. We helped update the Foster Youth Bill of Rights, and participated in a video to share their importance.
4. We are continuing to work to address unsafe conditions for youth in Cuyahoga County, and issues with young people calling child abuse hotlines and not being listened to…
5. We are working to eliminate “running away” as a status offense in the state of Ohio.