SUITS FOR SUCCESS
Suits for Success provides professional attire to current and former foster youth who are preparing to enter the workforce.
This program was established in 2011 by the Ohio State Bar Foundation and Ohio foster care alumni, with support from other valued organizations such as ODJFS and UMCH. There was a hiatus between 2017-2019, due to lack of storage space.
In 2020, this program will be relaunched, with Jada Williams of AgedOutt taking the lead on storage space and suits distribution. The suits will be shared throughout the year in Columbus and paired with the career planning portion of the AgedOutt program.The suits can also be made available to foster care youth from all over Ohio during the annual statewide foster youth conference.
AgedOutt welcomes donations from individuals and organizations. If you have plans to clean out your closet, and stumble across professional clothing that you never wear anymore, please consider donating to Suits for Success.
Donations accepted included:
- Suits, ties, dress shirts, and pants
- Women’s tops, skirts, and accessories
- Purses, scarves, and handbags
- Clothes hangers and racks
2020 Collection Dates:
- Mid-March: Drop-off locations will be announced
- May 5 – 6: Suits can be delivered to (location, time intervals) to coincide with the Ohio State Bar Foundation’s Annual Meeting
- April ODJFS Clothing Drive (dates, location pending)
- June 16: Suits can be delivered to (location, time intervals) to coincide with the Ohio Supreme Court induction ceremony
Questions? Please contact Jada Williams via phone call, text or email. She can be reached at (614) 364-2280, Contact@AgedOutt.org