Ohio foster care youth and alumni believe that insights from those with “lived experience” are essential when designing statewide initiatives related to normalcy and emotional support.
1. Normalcy and safety concerns in residential facilities must continue to be addressed.
2. We have identified challenges and opportunities related to both the ICCA form and the CANS assessment.
3. We have mapped out recommendations to support future implementation of Tiered Foster Care.
4. We would love to support the development of strengths-based, needs-specific, trauma-informed trainings.
5. We continue to remind decision-makers about the importance of maintaining sibling connections.