Ohio foster care youth and alumni believe that foster care is more than a placement, but a launching pad to help that young person build a successful future.
1. We have identified essential elements of interdependence, and reviewed foster parent trainings to determine their eligibility for youth-approved Life Skills badges.
2. We believe that caseworker trainings would benefit from youth input as well.
3. We continue to gather and organize resources to support young people in and from foster care.
4. We continue to advocate for consistent independent living preparation statewide.
5. We also recommend extending foster care supports in our state until the age of 23.