In late May and throughout the month of June 2020, foster care youth, alumni and allies throughout the nation are invited to call their United States Senate representatives and ask them to champion the Fostering Stable Housing Opportunities Act of 2019 (S. 2803).
A federal bill becomes law by passing through the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives, and then signed by the President.
- The Fostering Stable Housing Opportunities Act (HR 4300) has already passed unanimously in the House of Representatives on November 18, 2019.
- We are hoping that the partner bill as introduced in the United States Senate will also pass by unanimous consent.
1.) Who can I call?
- Please review this list to see which Senators haven’t yet signed on.
- You can identify which Senator(s) from your state hasn’t signed on yet.
- Then please Google their name and call their DC office.
2.) What can I say?
- Here are some Talking Points to use when you call.
3.) How can I follow up?
When you call, please ask for the staffer’s email address so that you can email them: